Sunday, April 17, 2016

when a Boy meets a Girl...


Maverick and I "first met" online playing a game called SneezyMud.

It was the fall of 2006 and I had just moved to Chicago Land Suburbia a few months prior. My social interactions at the time was working 2 full-time jobs: The Spa and The Firm. I spent my nights off at a local watering hole a few blocks away that had Karaoke on Thursday nights. Friday nights was Karaoke at the VFW and Saturday was Karaoke at The Club.

I was off on Wednesdays & Thursdays from The Spa and had Saturdays & Sundays off from The Firm. I spent every Thursday at the Bar doing Karaoke and any other free time I had I was online playing SneezyMud.

One evening I'm in a massive group and I notice a private tell come through on my screen. All it says is "So, I see you're in Arkansas". (We had a forum with profiles & such. I had lived in Arkansas when I played prior to the divorce from Jed and had never updated my info.) Of course I reply back that I moved and lived in Illinois... yadda yadda yadda and he says "I do too". At that point and I'm thinking CREEPER! Crazy stalker person or something. We continued to make small talk the rest of the night while in group.

Fast forward a few weeks later and I got myself into a pickle of an ordeal doing some solo kills and I had posted on the forums that I needed help. It was an odd time of day for most people to even be playing but sure enough; the knight in shining armor came and rescued me. We spent the majority of the rest of the day grouping together and talking. Learned we had a lot in common - including both of us growing up in Arkansas, ending up in Illinois because of our ex-spouses (he followed her then they split up, I ran away from home after my divorce) and our childhood cities were less than 3 hours away from each other.

Days turned in weeks and weeks into months. We went from talking in game to texting, emailing, calling... We would fall asleep talking on the phone. He found my blog on my profile and starting reading up on me... I did say CREEPER, right?

The town Maverick lived in was about 2-1/2 to 3 hours south-ish of the western suburb that I lived in. We talked many times of meeting up and finally we made arrangements to do so. Gaia and Aeon were getting married fathers day weekend and I always visit Daddy on father's day - no matter what. It's usually on or very near my birthday and Daddy says I am the BEST Father's Day gift he ever got! So we set up for him to meet me for a bit on my way to Arkansas for the wedding.

If you know ANYTHING about Chicago-Land there's 2 seasons: Construction and Snow. At the time I did not have a GPS but had printed directions to get to him... Really wish I had a GPS! I was completely lost and missed my exit. By the time I realized what happened I was HOURS away and not really able to turn around and go back. Besides I had no signal on my cellphone and had no way of contacting him so I'm sure Maverick thought I had stood him up.

I finally made it to Daddy's and dove right into being the awesome big sister and doing what I could to help with wedding stuff. Meanwhile I sent texts, emails, etc to Maverick trying to explain what happened. I finally heard back from him and we made arrangements for me to see him on my way back to Chicago-Land.

It was me and Drake on this road trip (my Siamese kitty); Mysterie had passed away the previous October. He was never really a good car rider. He hated the windows down; wanted it ice cold, seemed to almost constantly meow and cry because I wouldn't let him in my lap while I was driving.

Mysterie Devyne & Drakkus de Elder Thyme
On the trek back home from the wedding we're sitting just outside of St. Louis in standstill traffic. Not only is it in the middle of June's dog hot summer but my a/c had gone out while I was visiting my family. Not only do I have a cat who'd try to escape if I had the windows all the way down but I have a litter box in the vehicle. I'm hot and sweaty; he's cranky - we're both stinky and I'm just thankful for my sunroof cuz it was open wide for some airflow. This is a fantastic journey home so far!

I got to the junction of no return: Go meet Maverick or Go to Suburbia... I debated with myself long & hard over the fact that I was just not presentable! I wanted a shower more than I wanted to meet a new potential love...

You know which choice I made... right?

I've seen several pictures and I think we even video chatted once or twice (I hate myself on video chats so I know it couldn't have been more than 2 times)... but when I first laid my eyes on Maverick my heart skipped a beat and I felt those pesky butterflies in my tummy... The ones that make you want to faint, vomit and fall in love all at once.

I remember apologizing for the stench, my crazy cat, the damned litter box and missing my turn the 1st time. You know, I can't remember for the life of me what we talked about that day. I was too awestruck that Drake took to him so quickly. Not even 5 minutes after Maverick sat down in my Blazer, Drake was in his lap!! Now, he's always been a lovable kitty but that was quick even for his standards.

Eventually we had to say good-bye and went in for a hug... and that man of mine planted a soft slow sweet sensual knock you off your feet and into the clouds kiss that had my head spinning, my heart racing, my head screaming for more and my knees turned to jelly...  to top it all off he says "I have something for you" and grabs a purple stuffed puppy dog from the back of his car that was drenched in his cologne... I still love to bury myself in his chest and fall into his cologne.

We reluctantly said good-bye.

He headed off to work and I headed to Suburbia with a race of thoughts running through my head. When I finally made it there (which felt like forever) I laid down with Drake and we snuggled up to the puppy Maverick gave me and fell into sweet dreams.


~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
This post is the 1st in a series of posts that will chronicle milestones and anniversaries. We're coming up on our 5th year Wedding Anniversary & this summer marks 10 years of our relationship officially beginning... I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment