Monday, April 18, 2016

Maverick & Jester's 1st Date...


Yesterday we left off with the day that Maverick & I met in person for the 1st time. Today, we're going to talk about our first date... which practically was a week long date.


Maverick and I increased our talks via phone, text and email 10 fold after our first meeting. The 1st weekend of July he was going to come visit me but ended up having to work. I told him "You tell them next weekend you're mine; your girlfriend needs you more". We had not discussed yet whether or not we were "official"; it just came out... and he didn't deny it.

Of course there was hiccups in the matrix (always is) and our plans were unexpectedly cancelled again.

FINALLY - 3 weeks after our lips 1st touched... He shows up at my door SURPRISE!! He was a few days early and had plans to spend the week with me.

Monday evening he arrived on my door step when I got off work. We ended up going out to eat at this pizza pub called Tree Guys. AMAZING food! That place holds a lot of history for me. When I first started visiting Crystal in Chicago that's were we hung out at all the time and played darts. Anyhoot; this is about me and Maverick! So we had dinner at Tree Guys then went to the VFW for some drinks so he could meet Crystal and her husband. Then we all headed back to house with other friends in tow and they all got to know Maverick a little better.

Tuesday while I was at work he job hunted because he really wanted to live closer to me. After work we all went to dinner at Crossroads (my karaoke place) and then while Crystal & her man went to the V (again - it was a nightly thing) Maverick and I went back to the house and played video games.

Wednesday night was the THE DATE NIGHT. We went and saw Transformers and I took him to my favorite place to get Chicago food: Shorties. It was the perfect date: Movies, Chicago Dogs, Italian Beefs, tons of fun, laughter and lots of cuddles... we were so comfortable with each other it was a perfect night.

Thursday morning was hard... I'm not so good at "byes" so I try to get them over and done as fast as possible if I can't get out of it. On my way to work I was thinking I hope he doesn't think I was trying to brush him off this morning on my way out the door because I didn't know when I was going to see him again - and I was already super attached... Good Bye would have been... well, I don't know when I'll see you again, I'll miss you a whole bunch and I had an amazing week with you and deep down inside I'm dying so I beg you not to leave me. Instead I brushed it all off and left hoping and praying that I would see him again and that he would know how I felt about him.

Friday was hard on me... I felt lost, empty, incomplete. Little did I know ( cuz I didn't know... ) he landed a job and was making sure he wanted to move forward with our relationship before telling me and thus moving 3 hours from where he was to where I was.

Saturday he showed back up on my doorstep with bags in hand and was ready to move in after 8 months of getting to know each other without meeting in person, then 1 month of talking on a more serious note after our 1st initial meeting with one helluva 1st kiss and finally one week of romance...

In the few months we lived under Crystal's roof we were Friends, Lovers, back to Friends but with benefits and finally admission that although we were going fast and hard down a path that was a roller-coaster of I love yous, No- I don't love yous and back again to finally end up to be "I can't live without you" we built a relationship that's lasted 10 years and counting.

We met in an unconventional way before "online dating was cool" and everyone thought I was crazy for meeting some stranger off the internet... and you know what?? I would do it all over again.


~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
This post is the 2nd in a series of posts that will chronicle milestones and anniversaries. We're coming up on our 5th year Wedding Anniversary & this summer marks 10 years of our relationship officially beginning... I hope you enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment