Monday, May 16, 2016

Devastation... Fire Sucks...

One week ago today we were dealing with the aftermath of another house fire.

It was my first day back into the workforce. My trainer told me it was time for 1st break and so I grabbed my phone & cigarettes while heading to the smoking area. I had 5 missed calls and voicemails... I lit my cigarette and hit play; it's the fire department and police department. My first thought was something happened to Maverick at work. I called them back and they said, after verifying my address, that our house was on fire. I ran back inside, told my trainer what was going on, grabbed my purse and keys and hauled ass to the house.

When I arrived Maverick had just arrived. The streets were blocked off by police and firemen. Maverick rushed to my side and I asked him where the babies were. Tiger Lily & Diego were safe in the back of an animal control vehicle. Ella had not made it and they couldn't find Aurora. My heart sank. I immediately took to social media and tagged everyone on facebook asking for them to share her picture... praying that she had got out of the burning house.

Hours later Maverick sweeped the house again and found her... my precious sweet baby was gone, lost in the fire...

Nothing can prepare you for the loss and devastation of a fire. Nothing can prepare you for the sudden loss of your pets; especially when they are your children.

So that's where I've been... trying to figure out where we go from here.

Maverick texted my best-friend Ruby and told her he needed her help with me. She immediately came to our aide. Her and her husband Stoney have opened their home to us and that is where we are staying right now.

Most people never have to deal with a fire and sudden loss of loved ones. I have now had 4 of my precious babies taken from me due to fire in the last 3 years and 2 months. I often wonder: what did I do to deserve all the heartbreak and misery that I've had to endure? Fires, infertility, cancer, the horrific death of 4 of my furrbabies. I don't understand why this is happening to us...

We were finally making headway: I'm enrolled in college, started a new job, selling the APA, done with the newspapers... WHY when we're finally getting back on track to a happier life...

WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment