Thursday, April 28, 2016

Our 2nd Wedding Anniversary

Our 2nd year of marriage together was spent recovering from our House Fire. We had just purchased a house at the end of February and it burned the middle of March taking Drake & Kai with it along with 90% of our belongings. It was spent in mourning & grief trying to pick our lives back up and move forward. Because of that we decided to purchase the local APA league and I quit my job at the Car Lot to run it full-time and concentrate on my photography to grow it as a business. We still played lots of pool and at first loved traveling to Vegas  for nationals. We would go for long rides together to try and pull me out of a great depression that I was sinking into. We also purchased a race horse with some friends ... I mean if you're going to live a in a town known for racing horses then you gotta own a horse at some point, right?!

This is also the time frame that Sapphire was born and we went on our Cruise to Mexico. Both of those events helped me tremendously in acknowledging that life goes on and we have to move forward no matter what.

Our 2nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts.... COTTON & LILLY

Goodness let me tell you; THAT was a hard one!! I had no idea... every gift search I came up with had to do with clothes or towels or bed linens are something like that and that was NOT the gift I wanted to give my husband for our 2nd year anniversary. Especially since our house just burned down and we lost Drake & Kai in the fire.

He did get me a beautiful bouquet of roses & lilies then surprised me with a white sapphire necklace with matching ring. He said he couldn't think of anything either that was COTTON!

Mutually we ended up getting me a helmet (cuz mine was in the fire) and we got matching seat covers for his truck and my car. We went to Shoguns for dinner and it was fabulous!
















 ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
This post is the 11th in a series of posts that will chronicle milestones and anniversaries. We're coming up on our 5th year Wedding Anniversary & this summer marks 10 years of our relationship officially beginning... I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment